Support the Energy News Network. Give today and NewsMatch will double the impact of your donation! UTILITIES: Eversource Energy pledges to make its operations carbon neutral by 2030, but it won’t affect the emissions from energy sold to customers. (Hartford Courant, New Hampshire Public Radio)
ALSO: Advocates say a Vermont utility’s new energy credit trading system doesn’t do enough to encourage new capacity. (VT Digger)
***SPONSORED LINK: Already on its 10th edition, ACI’s National Conference on Microgrids will be hosted in Boston on March 18-19, 2020.
Support the Energy News Network. Give today and NewsMatch will double the impact of your donation! SOLAR: National Grid says 320 MW of solar projects in Massachusetts — part of a 1 GW interconnection backlog — can move forward without transmission improvements. (Greentech Media)
• A 13 MW solar project backed by 7.5 MW of battery storage at JFK airport will be the largest solar array in New York City. (Bloomberg)
• A New Hampshire county is again considering tax exemptions for solar installations.
CLIMATE: Exxon’s lawyer decries New York’s climate lawsuit as a “cruel joke” as a judge will now decide whether the company misled investors about the threat of climate change. (Reuters)
• The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, once a strident opponent of action on climate change, now supports U.S. participation in the Paris Agreement. (Axios)
• Bill Weld, a Massachusetts Republican mounting a primary challenge to President Trump, has been vocal in supporting stronger action on climate change in order to connect with younger voters. (E&E News)
***SPONSORED LINK: The Midwest energy landscape is changing. Find out what’s in store for the policy and business side of solar, storage, and wind energy at Solar and Storage Midwest.
HYDROPOWER: The operator of the Conowingo Dam reaches a $200 million settlement with the state of Maryland over buildups of sediment and debris that have led to pollution problems in the Chesapeake Bay. (Baltimore Sun)
• New Jersey utility PSEG seeks to acquire a major stake in a proposed offshore wind farm. (NJ Spotlight)
• Maine U.S. Sen. Susan Collins co-sponsors a bill that would provide competitive grants for improving wind energy technology. (MaineBiz)
***SPONSORED LINK: MD-DC-VA Solar Energy Industries Association (MDV-SEIA) has convened hundreds of installers, developers, policymakers, and financiers for the 12th annual Solar Focus Conference. Held in Baltimore on November 20-21, attendees will experience high-level networking, partnership building, and action-inspiring solar discourse.
ELECTRIC VEHICLES: A bill in New Jersey would offer rebates of up to $5,000 for electric vehicles as well as expanding charging infrastructure. (NJ Spotlight)
EPA: Attorneys general from Pennsylvania and 12 other states say a refinery explosion in Philadelphia earlier this year shows why the EPA should not roll back accident prevention standards. (Philadelphia Inquirer)
***SPONSORED LINK: MD-DC-VA Solar Energy Industries Association (MDV-SEIA) has convened hundreds of installers, developers, policymakers, and financiers for the 12th annual Solar Focus Conference. Held in Baltimore on November 20-21, attendees will experience high-level networking, partnership building, and action-inspiring solar discourse. Register today!***
PIPELINES: A Boston regional planning agency is revisiting a study that supported construction of a compressor station after finding it was based on incomplete data.