Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont now says he’s committed to the Transportation Climate Initiative after seemingly abandoning it, and environmental groups say the deal isn’t dead yet — but legislative leaders in both parties appear to disagree. (Boston Herald)
A moped sharing company wants to bring dozens of electric taxis and public charging infrastructure to New York City, but officials worry more vehicles on the road will slow traffic and increase other cars’ emissions. (WNYC)

COAL: A mining complex that employs both Pennsylvanians and West Virginians near Pittsburgh is set to close, and almost 200 employees will be laid off later this summer. (CBS 2 Pittsburgh)

As a rush of developers seek state subsidies for large-scale solar projects, three smaller arrays slated for construction this summer represent just a fraction of the planned solar capacity in one upstate New York county. (, subscription)
New Jersey may soon require new warehouses of a certain size be designed with solar installation in mind. (pv magazine)
The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority will purchase the output of a newly developed 2.8 MW solar array on a former petroleum storage facility in East Providence. (news release)

NUCLEAR: A company decommissioning the former Oyster Creek nuclear facility says it will lay off as many as 92 employees  in August. (Asbury Park Press)

OFFSHORE WIND: To accelerate the regional offshore wind industry, the governors of eight northeastern states ask the Biden Administration for help with transmission constraints and to designate more federal offshore areas for possible wind development. (E&E News, subscription)

Philadelphia Gas Works plans to cut its methane emissions by 80% by 2050, but a local environmentalist questions who will handle the remaining 20%. (NBC 10 Philadelphia)
Connecticut activists want to ban gas-burning leaf blowers because of noise and pollution concerns, but localities can’t make policy around air emissions. (New Haven Register)

GRID: Eyeing expected market pricing policy reforms, New England states hope to soon see enough governance and pricing changes at ISO New England to enable significant strides toward clean energy goals. (Utility Dive)

RENEWABLES: The Vermont Standard Offer Facilitator wants proposals filed by July 21 for up to 12 MW of renewable energy projects. (news release)

COMMENTARY: Philadelphia is studying what to do with Philadelphia Gas Works’ pipeline network in a post-gas world, and a newspaper editorial board argues the conversation can’t end after that study is completed. (Philadelphia Inquirer)

Bridget is a freelance reporter and newsletter writer based in the Washington, D.C., area. She compiles the Northeast Energy News digest. Bridget primarily writes about energy, conservation and the environment. Originally from Philadelphia, she graduated from Emerson College in 2015 with a degree in journalism and a minor in environmental studies. When she isn’t working on a story, she’s normally on a northern Maine lake or traveling abroad to practice her Spanish language skills.