Solar United Neighbors, Virtual/Remote
This job listing is a paid promotion and the Energy News Network is not responsible for its contents. To submit a listing, go to our main job board page.
The Policy and Advocacy Campaigner will join SUN’s Policy and Advocacy department, helping to achieve our mission of supporting state and federal pro-solar policies, and building a large, impactful, and engaged solar citizen activist movement. This position will report to the Vice President of Policy and Advocacy. The Campaigner will help develop and carry out and support federal- and state-level grassroots organizing campaigns to advance equitable access to distributed solar power.Culture
Solar United Neighbors (SUN) is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to creating a clean, equitable, resilient energy system that benefits everyone. We help people go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights.
Why We Love SUN:
● Salary range of $70,000 – $80,000 per year
● Health, vision, and dental insurance
● Generous paid leave policy
● 401(k) retirement account
● Professional development stipend
● Fun, remote work environment
● Flexible work hours
● Our vision and mission
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. SUN is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Solar United Neighbors welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, and those with a non-traditional education.
Job responsibilities include:
- Providing policy and advocacy support for one of our regional state teams and for national campaigns.
- Testing creative new campaign tactics that give our state and national network more ways to take action in support of solar growth and rights.
- Engaging and mobilizing a bipartisan network of solar homeowners, advocates, and partner organizations.
- Ensuring coordination between external partners and between SUN’s Policy and Advocacy, Outreach, and state teams.
- Helping create and implement effective online advocacy tactics and coordinate closely with internal staff and in some cases external consultants on drafting, scheduling, and deploying campaign collateral, including emails, web pages, earned media pieces, and paid and organic social media.
- Identifying and cultivating relationships with key partner organizations, including equity, environmental groups, religious institutions, and others.
- Working closely with our Community Impact team to turn successful, creative tactics into replicable toolkits that can be used frequently for future campaigns as needed.
- Helping identify and implement opportunities for SUN supporters in all 50 states to engage around solar policy issues and rights.
- Participation in coalition calls, webinars, and meetings.
- Helping SUN capture and track information about relationships with partners and other organizations (for example, keeping records in Salesforce).
- Assisting with tracking and reporting for grant reporting, annual reports, etc.
- Occasional travel.
- At least four years of grassroots organizing experience in engaging and mobilizing activists and working with coalition partners.
- Keen strategic sense on how to build the strategy, alliances, narrative, and tactics to win issue campaigns.
- Driven, creative, and innovative.
- Collaborate well with others, participating in and building complex internal and external teams.
- Comfortable representing Solar United Neighbors with funders, partners, volunteers, supporters, and the press.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to track budgets, commitments, and multiple partners and moving parts.
- Digitally savvy, with experience with online and social media tactics.
- Deep interest in major distributed solar policy issues.
- Spanish language fluency is a bonus.
- Minimum 4 years of grassroots organizing and/or policy experience
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Knowledge in: Computer skills
- Knowledge in: Writing skills
- Knowledge in: Analytical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
Solar United Neighbors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
If this sounds like a good fit, please apply on our job board!