• Alliant Energy announces plans for its first two utility-scale battery storage projects in Wisconsin, which would have a combined capacity of 175 MW. (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
• University of Missouri researchers receive a $500,000 grant to advance research on lithium-ion batteries. (Daily Tribune)
NUCLEAR: Michigan lawmakers pass a bill that would fund additional studies on the viability of nuclear power in Michigan’s energy mix. (Bridge Michigan)
Join MnSEIA’s Gateway to Solar Conference
MnSEIA’s Gateway to Solar Conference is back in Minneapolis on October 17-18th! Learn from industry experts about state policies, DEI, the Inflation Reduction Act, energy storage & more. Click here to register.
WIND: An Iowa citizens group files for a court order to stop county officials from moving forward with a 28-turbine wind project. (Daily Nonpareil)
• Iowa regulators hold a public hearing on a proposed 200 MW solar project that developers say would generate $10 million in additional property taxes. (Southeast Iowa Union)
• A southwestern Ohio city loosens rooftop solar restrictions to make the process more flexible and permissive for property owners. (Journal-News)
• An Iowa county will hold a public hearing today on a potential one-year moratorium on new solar projects. (KCRG)
• The Biden administration begins to stress the cost-savings potential of community solar projects for residents who are unable to install rooftop installations, particularly in disadvantaged communities. (Canary Media)
ELECTRIC VEHICLES: Illinois transportation officials consider taxing electric vehicle charging stations as a way to offset revenue losses from gasoline taxes. (WTVO)
• Candidates for Iowa agriculture secretary are split on whether eminent domain should be allowed for carbon capture pipelines. (Iowa Capital Dispatch)
• A company seeking to build a carbon pipeline through Iowa asks a judge to halt landowner efforts to block workers from performing property surveys. (Sioux City Journal)
UTILITIES: Wisconsin residents push back on We Energies’ latest electric and gas rate increase proposal as home heating costs are expecting to rise this winter. (Wisconsin Public Radio)
BIOFUELS: Minnesota will distribute more than $6.4 million in grants to 44 gas stations to offset the cost of investing in infrastructure for higher ethanol blends. (CBS Minnesota)
Help build partnerships to transform the Midwest Energy Landscape
Clean Grid Alliance’s IN PERSON Fall Conference on November 9 provides new information on Grid Transformation, Siting, Green Hydrogen, Repowering Midwest Communities, and more. PLUS, a Midterm Election Recap! Register today!
RENEWABLES: Western Ohio county officials hold an informational meeting on proposed maps that would restrict wind and solar development. (Daily Standard)
COMMENTARY: An Ohio writer and clean energy advocate says agrivoltaics and offshore wind are opportunities to find common ground between renewable energy supporters and opponents and build more projects. (Ohio Capital Journal)
Questions or comments about this article? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.